February 25, 2011

Where did my summer go?

Hello Sunshine! You have me thinking about summer. Way back in June my kids and I picked Michigan strawberries in a patch just south of Traverse City. I cleaned and froze the berries especially for days like today. The pureed strawberries are added to the cupcake batter and the butter cream and yield a flavor and smell that is reminiscent of summer. I have not baked these all winter long, so today felt like a real treat. I hope you get a chance to enjoy one. Have a great weekend!

Summertime is wedding time. One of the things I enjoy most about this business is talking to brides. Each has their own vision of there own perfect day. Some want a simple arrangement while others get really creative in matching all aspects of the wedding reception to the theme of their wedding. Megan's Cupcakes wedding calendar for summer 2011 is filling up quickly. So much to do between now and summertime.


No comments: